[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2021-6-1 02:17:11 | 显示全部楼层
70.  Impress upon  使牢記;給…留下印象;留下印記
  The parents tried to impress the importance of education upon their chidden.
  I've impressed upon them the need for more professionalism.
  I had always impressed upon the children that if they worked hard they would succeed in life.
  Everyone has it impressed upon them that on the day there will be no discussion of any problem.
  Time has left its impress upon him.
  Also your Guides would do their best to impress upon you what is best when making your decision.
  Impress upon him the need to define a manageable set of tasks and goals, and then direct his energies toward completing them in an organized manner.
  I tell you this to impress upon you the absolute power there is in taking the time to work on yourself.
  Please impress upon your people that we cannot be too flexible on this point.
  From time to time, when I looked up from my page, I saw the master looking about him as if he wished to impress upon his mind everything in the room.
  But I would like to suggest enough of them to impress upon you the richness and complexity of my background.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2021-6-1 03:25:57 | 显示全部楼层
71. do somebody good 對某人有益
  It would do you good to read the whole of it, starting with verse 5 and going on to the end of the chapter.
  Why not tell her how you feel? It might do you good to get it off your chest.
  Let's get away for the weekend. A change of scene will do you good.
  Take this with you, it's been blessed by the Holy Father and it will do you good to use it.
  Come on, let's go to the beach. It'll do you good.
  But don't overcook cabbage as only uncooked cabbage can do you good.
  If you ask them to spit at a particular place, they won't, lest it should do you good.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2021-6-1 04:04:26 | 显示全部楼层
72. Lend itself to 适合于,有助于
  Her voice doesn't really lend itself well to blues singing.
  The room does not lend itself to study.
  The music doesn't lend itself to dancing.
  And it lend itself to easy communication and action.
  The incident seemed to lend itself to dramatization.
  It is a system that would lend itself to district general hospitals of any sizes.
  My life does not lend itself to any of those suggestions.
  The situation does not immediately lend itself to action on the part of the adviser.
  This story would lend itself well to serialization on television.
  The passage is too difficult and doesn't lend itself to reading aloud.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2021-6-1 04:09:37 | 显示全部楼层
决定跟着楼主学习了
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2021-6-1 04:27:47 | 显示全部楼层
73. Run into a wall  碰壁,遇到难处,瓶颈
  Run into a brick wall
  Run into a stone wall
  The manager accused Helen of not being willing to go the extra mile. She countered by saying that she had no intention of running through brick walls for such meagre pay.
  There are many challenges ahead of me but I'd run through a brick wall to have the chance to go to Oxford.
  My mother expects us all to run through brick walls every time she needs help with something.
  Our project was going well, but we run into a stone wall when our funding was suddenly cut.
  Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
  “The scientist’s research was making great progress until he ran into a brick wall when his main grant was not renewed.”
  “I was making good progress researching my family’s genealogy but beyond the late 1800s I keep hitting a brick wall.”
  “We’ve been trying to get this building approved for a year but we keep running into a stone wall trying to get past the zoning bo
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2021-6-1 05:18:06 | 显示全部楼层
74. A body of 大量,一片,一批,
  A body of research
  A body of work
  A body of knowledge
  A body of evidence
  A body of evidence emerged suggesting that smoking tobacco caused serious diseases.
  The CFA Program is an educational program that tests your mastery of a body of knowledge through a series of exams.
  If we look to laws external to the family we can begin to develop a body of substantive analyses guided by theory.
  The most prevalent view was that physical science consisted of a body of hard, certain and fundamental knowledge.
  Pollution shortens considerably the life expectancy of a body of water.
  A body of soldiers in sports kit marched past at a slow, rhythmic pace, singing loudly.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2021-6-1 06:30:20 | 显示全部楼层
75. Prodigy  神童,相当有天赋的儿童
  She was a musical prodigy, giving concerts at the age of seven.
  The 16-year-old tennis prodigy is the youngest player ever to reach the Olympic finals.
  Mozart was a musical prodigy.
  She was a child prodigy on the violin.
  She was a child prodigy, giving concerts before she was a teenager.
  A child prodigy, he made his first professional tour as a pianist at the age of six.
  He read in the paper about a mathematical prodigy who was attending university at the age of 12.
  I was something of a child prodigy.
  A child prodigy, Balling won a jazz contest in 1944 and formed his own small group.
  A musical prodigy, he played solo recitals by age 12.
  To be competitive, Prodigy is working to achieve feature parity with other on-line services in the near term.
  She was an authentic prodigy, first appearing with an orchestra at age 7.
  26 But on the Latin battlefields he is not a man, but a fearful prodigy.
  As the book opens she is turning this demanding four-year-old into a child prodigy.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2021-6-1 07:04:45 | 显示全部楼层
76. In one's own right  依靠... 的能力, 根据...的权利, 凭...的资格
  Her father is a well-known pianist, but she's an excellent musician in her own right.
  He won the Nobel Prize in his own right.
  He is a rich man in his own right.
  She's a very wealthy woman in her own right.
  She's a rich woman in her own right rather than by inheritance.
  It was true that she was an accomplished professional woman in her own right.
  If someone is a successful or respected person in their own right, they are successful or respected.
  Money wage increases are valued in their own right: workers pay no attention to the purchasing power of the money wage.
  Assistance is only available to those who are able to bring relevant proceedings to court in their own right.
  This does not necessarily imply acceptance of these images since they may be seen as unacceptable in their own right.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2021-6-1 07:12:33 | 显示全部楼层
77. At stake    处于成败关头,处于危险之中
  The tension was naturally high for a game with so much at stake.
  At stake is the success or failure of world trade talks.
  At stake are more than 20,000 jobs in Britain's aerospace sector
  National honour is at stake in this match between France and England.
  Thousands of lives will be at stake if emergency aid does not arrive in the city soon.
  What was at stake was acute government embarrassment.
  There was no place in history at stake here, no plan to record this event.
  There is more at stake here than just bringing boxes of sophisticated equipment to remote areas.
  They have to win the contract - thousands of jobs are at stake.
  They took the view that Casper was playing power politics with their jobs at stake.
  The tension was naturally high for a game with so much at stake.
  The minister will face the enquiry with his reputation at stake.
  The senator from Kansas appeared well positioned to take almost all the 362 delegates at stake in the seven states.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2021-6-1 08:11:36 | 显示全部楼层
If you're not careful, your job might be at stake.
  Think hard before you make that big decision. Your whole future is at stake.
  This project that I'm working on must go perfectly. My big promotion is at stake.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立刻注册

本版积分规则

QQ| Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| 师哈哈 |网站地图

Copyright © 2019-2025 Www.biiyy.Com.   All Rights Reserved.