查看: 61|回复: 0

MODULE 5 Western music

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-5-4 01:49:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
part 1: teaching design第一部分 教学设计functiontalking about likes and dislikesstructurequestion tags;present simple and past simple questionslistening/speakingdescribing types of music  describing opinions about musicreading/writingchecking information and finding specific information making and using notes to write about a composeraround the worldfamous musicianstasktalking about the music you like bestunit 1 it’s western classical music, isn’t it?■warming upmorning, class! do you like music? what do you like better, chinese music or western music? we shall learn about western music today. now page 34!musical genres in the western tradition include: classical music,medieval music,renaissance music,baroque music,classical music era,romantic music, 20th century classical music,contemporary music,pop and popular music,acid,bluegrass,blues,country music,disco,folk,hymns,indian music, jazz,metal,punk rock,rap,rock and roll,ska,soul,spirituals,swing,synthpop■listening and vocabulary1 listen and decide which type of music the people in the photo play.on page 34, on the top right, you see a photo. in the photo people are playing some type of music. now listen and decide which type of music the people in the photo play.blues? classical? jazz? opera? pop? rock? techno?2 listen again.match the words with the music.in the box you read eleven words. they are for telling about the music. now listen again.match the words with the music.beautiful  dramatic  fast  fun lively  modern  sad serious  slow  strong rhythms  traditional3 listen and read.it’s lingling and betty again. they are talking about western music and a composer called johann strauss. now listen to their talk first, paying attention to the pronunciation, stress, and the intonation of the native speakers. for the second listening, try to read aloud the conversation to the tape while listening. now let’s go on to read the conversation. while reading try to cut(断句)/ the sentences into parts, blacken(涂黑) the predicates, shade(加影) the connectives and underline (划线)the expressions.  now write all the expressions in your expression book. western classical music, hear of, be born in, the capital of austria, the blue danube, rock music, listen to, chinese pop music, of course western pop music, now and then, live in, what about? a fan of techno, play techno, all the time                                                           共3页,当前第1页123
  • MODULE 5 Western music
    talk just as they do! (仿说)lingling: i like this novel. it's chinese classical novel, isn't it?betty: that's right. it's by the novelist luo guanzhong. you've heard of him, haven't you?lingling: yes, he was a chinese, wasn't he?betty: yes, he was born in taiyuan, the capital of shanxi province. he lived from 1330 to 1400. lingling: that’s a long time ago. by the way what's the name of the novel?betty: it's romance of the three kingdoms (1330).lingling: you like classical chinese novels, don't you?betty: yes, i do. but i also like western novels. you read classical chinese novels, don't you?lingling: yes, of course i do. i love them. and i also read western classical novels now and then. it's brilliant.betty: me too. i like western classical novels.lingling: who's your favourite classical novelist?betty: shakespeare. his plays are beautiful and dramatic.   4 match the words with their meanings.on page 35 in the box there are four words and four sentences. match the words with their meanings.austrian is someone who was born in austria.  (2)composer is someone who writes music.  (3)fan is someone who likes something a lot.  (1)musician is someone who plays music.  (4)5 check(√)the true sentences.you read eight sentences. some of them are false, and some of them are true. now in pairs read them and check(√)the true sentences.1 they're listening to western classical music. (√)2 lingling has heard of johann strauss. (√)3 betty doesn't like classical music.4 lingling doesn't listen to chinese pop music.5 beethoven didn't live in vienna.6 tony likes classical music.7 daming has never liked pop music. 8 daming hasn't become a fan of techno.now correct the false:number 3 is wrong. according to the conversation, betty likes classical music.number 4 is also wrong. according to the conversation, lingling listens to chinese pop music and she loves it.number 5 is wrong, too. beethoven lived in vienna.number 6 is wrong. tony doesn’t like classical music.number 7 is not correct. daming has never liked classical, but he likes pop music. number 8 isn’t correct either. daming has become a fan of techno.■pronunciation and speaking6 listen to the speaker asking a real question.sometimes we have a real question in mind. and we ask someone this question for an answer. listen to the speaker asking a real question.  he likes pop, doesn't he?sometimes we ask someone a question not for an answer, but for checking information. now listen to the speaker checking information.共3页,当前第2页123
  • MODULE 5 Western music
      he likes pop, doesn't he?listen and write * if the speaker is asking a real question or * * if he is checking information.1 he's never liked classical music, has he?2 you listen to chinese pop music, don't you?now say the sentences aloud. use the speaker's intonation.7 work in pairs: ask and say what music you like or don't like.talk just as they do! (仿说)---what music do you like?---i like classical music. it's sad and serious. but it’s not good to dance to. i don't like blues. it's too sad. what about you?---what music do you like?---i like jazz. it's exciting and moving and good to dance to. i don't like pop. it's noisy. what about you?---what music do you like?---i like chinese techno. it's lively and good to dance to. i don't like western music. it's noisy. what about you?8 work in pairs. check(√)the sentences you agree with.can you say why or why not?1 "no one listens to the words of pop songs, do they? the music is more important."→i don’t agree with you. i listen to the words of pop songs. they are interesting, and help you to understand the song writer better.  2 "the best music was in the 1960s and 1970s, wasn't it? since then, it has been very boring." →i don’t agree with you. we have seen very good music born after 1970s.  3 "we hear too much british and american music, don't we? let's hear some music from other countries."→i agree with you.  we do hear too much british and american music today. let's hear some music from china.4 "you don't need to play a musical instrument to be a musician, do you? computers can do everything for you.” →i agree with you. we don't need to play a musical instrument to be a musician. computers can do everything for us.共3页,当前第3页123
  • MODULE 5 Western music
  • 回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立刻注册

本版积分规则

QQ| Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| 师哈哈 |网站地图

Copyright © 2019-2025 Www.biiyy.Com.   All Rights Reserved.