查看: 24|回复: 0

He said I was hard-working

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-1-22 18:58:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
unit 4 he said i was hard-working  titlehe said i was hard-working topic telling a storyfunctions report what someone saidstructuresreported speech simple past tense can for abilitytarget languagewhat did your math teacher say? he said i was hard-working. i can speak three languages. what did she say? she said she could speak three languages.vocabularyhard-working, report card, can do better, speaking, listening average, okrecyclingsoap operas, party, surprise, house, drinks, snacks, lazy, beach, tomorrow math, spanish, history, science why…, i can … good friday, saturdaylearning strategieslistening for key words self-evaluatingⅰ.words and expressions:(n.  名词    adj. 形容词   adv. 副词   v.  动词   prep. 介词  )单词/短语词性词义讲解与例句reportv.报道;报告she reports directly to the board of directors.  她直接向董事会负责。surprisen.惊奇to my surprise, everyone passed the final exam. 令我惊奇的是,每个人都通过了考试。madadj.十分恼火的be mad at对。。。非常恼火 she was mad with me for losing my keys. 她为我丢了钥匙而生我的气。howeveradv.无论如何this book is expensive, however, it’s worth it. 这本书很贵,却很值。messagen.消息;信息there’s a message for you from your cousin.你表兄给你捎来个口信。responsen.回答;答复they make a quick response to my inquiry. 他们对我的询问很快做了答复。supposev.假定;认为i suppose you are right.我想你说得对。 we are not supposed to play football on sundays. 不准我们在星期天踢足球。hard-workingadj.努力工作的everyone knows that he is hard-working. 每个人都知道他工作努力。averageadj.平常的;普通的he is a man of average ability. 他是个能力一般的人。end-of-year examn.年终考试he did well in the end-of-year exam. 他年终考试考得不错。report cardn.成绩报告单have you got your report card? 你拿到成绩报告单了吗?nervousadj.紧张的i felt very nervous when i went into his office. 走进他的办公室时,我感到很紧张。envelopen.信封can you lend me an envelope? 可以借我一个信封吗?luckilyadv.幸运地luckily, the police came right now. 很幸运,警察马上就来了。semestern.学期as a senior three student, he is very busy this semester. 上高三了,他这学期特别忙。luckyadj.幸运的seven is my lucky number. 7是我的幸运数字。startv.使开始;引起it started raining. 开始下雨了。get overv.恢复;克服it took me a long time to get over my cold. 我的感冒过了很久才好。 can we get over this difficulty? 我们能克服这个困难吗?words and expressions from the reading:单词/短语词性词义讲解与例句foreignadj.外国的do you have foreign teachers in your school? 你们学校有外教吗?preferv.宁愿;较喜欢he prefers doing to talking. 他喜欢做而不喜欢说。 do you prefer coffee or tea? 你喜欢咖啡还是茶?choosev.选择;挑选he chose not to go abroad until later. 他决定晚点出过。 whom shall we choose for our school football team leader? 我们该选谁当学校足球队长?impressiveadj.给人印象深刻的an impressive olympic games 给人印象深刻的奥运会exoticadj.来自外国的it is an exotic word.  那是个外来词。contactn.接触;交往please maintain a close contact. 请保持密切联系。communicatev.联络;交流he seldom communicates with others. 他很少与人交流。changev.变化;改变you have changed a lot during these years. 这些年你变了很多。presentn.现在;目前at present, he is on holiday. 目前,他在度假。共5页,当前第1页12345
  • He said I was hard-working
    ⅱ.sentences and phrases (句型与词组)grammar focusdirect speechreported speechi am mad at marcia.she said she was mad at marcia.i am having a party for lana.she said she was having a party for lana.i go to the beach every saturday.he said he went to the beach every saturday.i will call you tomorrow.he told me he would call me tomorrow.i can speak three languages.she said she could speak three languages.本单元重点:直接引语和间接引语,需要注意的是:直接引语变间接引语时,人称和时态要发生变化,时态得和主句的时态保持一致。sentences from the passage   (重点句讲解)i asked her why she wanted to do that, and she said that she had forgotten to do hers. 我问她为什么要那么做,她说她忘记做作业了。 forget to do sth.       忘记做某事    (还没有做)forget doing sth.      忘记做过某事   (已经做过了)e.g.  when you leave the classroom, don’t forget to turn off the lights. 离开教室时,别忘记关灯。 i forgot meeting him before. 我不记得以前见过他了。 类似的还有: remember to do sth.     记得做某事  (还没有做)remember doing sth.    记得做过某事  (已经做过了)e.g. “remember to finish your homework on time, li ming”, his mother said. 李明妈妈说,“记得按时完成作业。” i remember telling this story for several times. 我记得这个故事给你讲过好几次了。 ◆i said i didn’t think it was a good idea for her to copy my homework. 我说,抄我的作业并不是什么好事。 注意的think 用法:如果think 引导的宾语从句,其从句表示否定意思时,不是否定从句,而是否定主句。e.g.   翻译下列句子: 我认为给你父亲说这件事的时机还不成熟。 i don’t think it is the right time for you to tell your father about that. 我认为他不是一个好演员。 i don’t think he is a good actor. 我认为你说的并不正确。   i don’t think you are right. ◆yesterday she told me she was sorry she’d gotten mad. 昨天她告诉我,她为自己当时生气而抱歉。 ◆nowadays, many students prefer using english names in a language classroom. 如今,许多学生喜欢在上语言课的时候用英文名字。 prefer的用法:    prefer   v.    更喜欢;宁愿prefer sth. to sth.     喜欢…胜过…prefer doing sth. to doing sth.   喜欢…而不喜欢…prefer to do rather than do   宁愿…而不愿…e.g. do you prefer coffee or tea?  你喜欢咖啡还是茶? he prefers talking to doing.   他喜欢说,却不喜欢做。 they prefer to die rather than surrender. 他们宁死不屈。共5页,当前第2页12345
    ◆and for young people, having an english name is cool for them when they talk to their foreign pen pals. 而且对年轻人来说,有了英文名字,和笔友交谈时也很酷。 having an english name … 中having 是动词ing形式, 用来做主语。e.g. getting up early every day is his good habit.   每天早起是他的习惯。 swimming is her favorite sport.             游泳是她最喜欢的运动。 ◆learning english and having english names are both popular in china. they are also important for china’s contact with the world. 学习英语,而且有英文名字在中国很流行。这些对中国和世界的接触也很重要。 contact的用法:contact    n.              e.g.be in contact with  和...接触, 有联系they have been in contact with each other for five years.他们互相保持联系已经有五年了。 she comes into contact with many people.   她和许多人有联系。 contact    v.        e.g. she contacted me as soon as she arrived.    她一到就和我联系了。 ◆on the other hand, some people who come to china choose chinese names 另一方面,一些人来到中国,也起了中文名字。 on one hand            一方面…on the other hand       另一方面…e.g. on one hand, he is a clever boy; on the other hand, he always makes his mother angry. 一方面,他是个聪明的孩子;可另一方面,他老惹母亲生气。【同步达纲练习】ⅰ.单项选择。 (  ) 1. this coat is expensive, ___, it’s worth it. a. but                b. however          c. although          d. as (  ) 2. he made a quick response ___ his mother’s question. a. to                   b. for                  c. at                   d. as (  ) 3. can you ___ this difficulty? a. get up             b. get into           c. get over                 d. get to (  ) 4. sorry, i forgot ___ the book to school. a. bringing          b. to bring           c. taking            d. to take (  ) 5. he prefers ___ to school on foot rather than ___ the bus. a. to go; to take                              b. going; taking c. to go; take                                d. go; take (  ) 6. peter said he was sorry he ___ the key. a. lost                b. had lost           c. loses               d. lose (  ) 7. they said they ___ a party at 8:00 last night. a. were having   b. are having       c. had                d. have (  ) 8. we ___ study hard for our parents and ourselves. a. can                 b. must               c. may                d. shall (  ) 9. there’s ___ for you from your brother. a. message                                      b. a message c. the message                                  d. messages (  ) 10. when he heard the sad news, his face ___ white. a. grew              b. became          c. got                 d. turned 共5页,当前第3页12345
    ⅱ.阅读理解。 ( a )singapore is made up of many kinds of people. the largest groups are chinese, malays and indians. each group has its own special wedding customs. chinese weddings: before the wedding, the mothers of the bride and the groom do the hair for them. the bride and the groom make tea for the groom’s parents, aunts and uncles. then they go to the bride’s family to give gifts. after that they take some pictures. they ride in a car with red, pink and gold ribbon decoration. in the evening there is a big dinner. the women wear pink or gold dresses because those are lucky colors. the bride usually wears a red or pink dress at the dinner. malay weddings: malay’s weddings last two days in the city and many days in the country. the first day is a saturday evening. on sunday morning, the bride and the groom meet their friends, and the friends throw yellow rice over them to wish them good luck. in the evening there is a big dinner. the friends usually take some hard-boiled eggs when they leave for home. indian weddings: a tree is planted at an indian wedding. after the bride and the groom plant the tree, they change their clothes. usually the groom gives the clothes to the bride and the bride puts the clothes on. the friends throw rice at the bride and the groom to wish them good luck. the friends do not wear black or white clothes. bright colors are the best for weddings. (  ) 1. what can we learn about singapore? a.it is made up of three kinds of people. b.the largest group of people is malays. c.there are different wedding customs. (  ) 2. which wedding may be the longest? a.a chinese wedding. b.a malay wedding. c.an indian wedding. (  ) 3. which is true of all the three wedding customs? a.the friends have a big dinner for the bride and the groom. b.the friends wish the bride and the groom good luck. c.the friends throw rice at the bride and the groom. (  ) 4. which wedding may cost the least money according to the passage? a.a chinese wedding. b.a malay wedding. c.an indian wedding. (  ) 5. what is true according to the passage? a.at an indian wedding, the bride and the groom plant a tree. b.at a malay wedding, there is a big dinner on the first day. c.at a chinese wedding, all the people wear green clothes. ( b )about the year 1900, a small, dark-haired boy named charles chaplin was often seen waiting outside the back entrances of london theatres. he looked thin and hungry. he was hoping to get work in show business. he could sing and dance, and above all, he knew how to make people laugh. but he couldn’t get work and therefore wandered about the city streets. sometimes he was sent away to home for children who had no parents. but twenty years later this same chaplin became the greatest, best known, and best loved comedian in the world. any regular visitors to the cinema must have seen some of charlie chaplin’s films. people everywhere have laughed at them until tears have run down their faces. even people who don’t understand english can enjoy chaplin’s films because they are mostly silent. it isn’t what he says that makes us laugh. it depends on little actions  which mean the same thing to people all over the world. acting out, without words, the common human play an important part in the dances and plays of many countries. it’s a kind of world language. chaplin lived most of his life in america and died in switzerland on christmas day in 1977 at the age of eighty-eight. there was sadness all over the world at the news of his death. (  ) 1. why was young chaplin waiting outside the back entrance of the theatre? a.because he wanted to enjoy a play in the theatre. b.because he had no money to buy tickets. c.because he liked to act a part in a play and thus made a living. d.because he wanted to become a man of business. (  ) 2. chaplin’s comedies almost not depended on ___. a.actions b. acting out c. common human situations d.words and languages (  ) 3. people all over the world can enjoy chaplin’s films because ___. a.most of them have been translated into foreign languages b.they can enjoy the films silently c.they are best comedies d.most of them were films without sound (  ) 4. what is a kind of world language according to the passage? a. comedy   b. acting out without words c. silence    d. films (  ) 5. chaplin is regarded as king of comedy mainly because ___. a.he acted out the common human situations best in his comedy b.his films are mostly silent c.he knew how to make people laugh d.any regular visitor has seen some of his films 共5页,当前第4页12345
    ⅲ.完型填空。 have you ever asked yourself why children go to school? you may  1  they go to learn languages, p.e., history, science and all other  2  . but why do they learn these things? we send our children to school to prepare them for the time  3  they will be big and will begin to work for  4  . nearly everything they study at school has some practical use in their life. but is that the  5  reason why they go to school? there is more in education than just  6  facts. we go to school above all to learn how to learn, so that then we have left school we can  7  to learn. a man who really knows how to learn will always be successful, because whenever he has to do something new which he has never had to do  8  he will rapidly teach himself how to do it  9  the best way. the uneducated person, on the other hand, is  10  unable to do something new, or does it badly. the purpose of school, therefore, it not to teach languages, math, geography, etc, but to teach pupils the way to learn. (  ) 1. a. speak                 b. tell           c. say                  d. talk (  ) 2. a. matters        b. subjects          c. math               d. physics (  ) 3. a. while           b. when       c. which            d. where (  ) 4. a. oneself        b. they        c. them               d. themselves (  ) 5. a. only                  b. nearly      c . lone               d. alone (  ) 6. a. study                 b. studied     c. learning           d. learn (  ) 7. a. make           b. keep        c. keep on           d. go on (  ) 8. a. later            b. ago          c. then                d. / (  ) 9. a. from           b. in            c. with               d. on (  ) 10. a. either         b. neither     c. other              d. nor共5页,当前第5页12345
  • 回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立刻注册

本版积分规则

QQ| Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| 师哈哈 |网站地图

Copyright © 2019-2025 Www.biiyy.Com.   All Rights Reserved.