查看: 47|回复: 0

2020年中考英语总复习阅读理解专项练习九

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-1-22 18:46:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第九组(共3篇): ( a ) the big red american car was much too wide for an english country road. when jack saw it coming toward him . he stopped his own car at the side if the road to make room for it to past . the american car went slowly past so close that he could see the driver’s face quite clearly. "where have i seen that face before ?"he thought., ‘’wait a minute! i remember now . it was in the newspaper!‘ "he took out the newspaper from his bag, turned quickly to the middle page . there was a picture of the face in it . yes, it bad a large mouth and small ears., and his eyes were behind dark glasses.. " wanted by the police," read by jack . "the city bank will give a lot of money to anyone who helps the police to catch this man.." "’call the police at once,"he said to himself . but a few minutes later, he was sad. "this man was caught this morning," answered the police.. (    )1.in which country did the story happen? a.it happened in america. b.it happened in australia.. c.it happened in england.  d.the story didn‘t tell us. (    )2.why did jack stop his car? a.he wanted to see who the driver was.  b.he didn’t want to pass by first. c.the road was too narrow for the two cars to pass at the same time . d.because it was good for an englishman to stop to let other go. (    )3.who was wanted by the police in this passage ? a.jack.  b.the driver in the american car. c.either jack or the driver.  d.neither jack nor the american driver. (    )4.what did jack do when he had read the newspaper again? a.he drove to the city bank   b.he drove to the police. c.he made a telephone call. d.he stopped the american car. (    )5.who caught the man with a large mouth and small ears? a. the police. b. jack    c. nobody. d. the american driver (b ) linda and david have travelled by air from london to sydney, australia. linda has promised(答应)her mother that she will ring her to let her know that they have arrived safely. this is something she had done ever since she was a child . david thinks it is not a good idea to ring so far, to spend too much, and to say so little. "if there were an accident." he says, "they'd know soon enough.bad news travels fast." but linda has promised that she would ring."however," she says, "it doesn't cost much when you just think that it's the other side of the world. it’s only six pence per second (每秒六便士)。" 共4页,当前第1页1234
  • 2020年中考英语总复习阅读理解专项练习九
    "if you're on that telephone for less than one minute, i'll eat my hat," david says, "and one minute’s nearly four pounds(英镑)." "that‘s no more than you’d pay for a new hat," ‘’linda answers. she has asked the man at the hotel (旅馆) desk to get her the number . the telephone rings . linda picks it up. "‘hello, mum . is that you ?"she says. "six pence per second, "david reminds(提醒) her. “hello., love." it is mrs lee, linda’s mother, speaking from london. "i can hear you very clearly just like you are in the next room .it‘s a better line than when you called me from your office. do you remember? i shouted at that time, and still you couldn’t hear me sometimes." "yes,mum ."linda puts in.. "i just wanted to ring to ……." "i remember how you rang when you went to betty‘s house to eat, when you were a little girl. and then when you …" mrs lee is a great talker "nearly four pounds." says david. linda tries to tell her mother that it is time to say goodbye. "’yes, all right, "says mrs lee," but you will write, won‘t you, as you did when you were at work …" once again, mrs lee talks about the pass. and there is no stopping her . "four pounds fifty,"says david. at last, linda cuts her mother short, promises to write, and rings off. "there! that wasn't long, was it ?" " four pounds, ninety pence." david answers."and you didn't even say that we've arrived." (    )6.linda is telephoning home to ________. a.tell her mother some bad news   b.say that she and david have arrived safely c.report an accident to her mother   d.say that she and david have left london (    )7.linda does not think it expensive to ring, because _____. a.it only costs four pounds and ninety pence b.it is even more expensive to buy a new hat c.she had telephoned home since she was a child d.she will speak from one side of the word to the other (    )8.david says,"nearly four pounds," because ______. a.he wants to remind linda of the cost of the cost of the call b.he wants to buy himself a new hat c.linda has not told her mother they have arrived d.he wants mrs lee to know how much the call costs (    )9.mrs lee goes on talking for so long because _______-. a.she likes to hear all about the past . b.she likes talking c.linda had not told her that she has arrived   d.she is going to pay for the telephone call (    )10.linda tries to stop her mother by ________. 共4页,当前第2页1234
  • 2020年中考英语总复习阅读理解专项练习九
    a.telling her how much the call is costing  b.writing a letter as she has promised to do c.telling her that they have arrived safely   d.promising to write, and ringing off (  c )      there are many wetlands(湿地)in china and some of them have become the world's important wetlands. the chinese yellow, sea wetlands are among them. they are in yancheng, jiangsu province. they are home for many different kinds of birds and animals. the world's largest milu deer nature reserve(自然保护区) is in them. more than 700 milu deer live freely there. there are not many red-crowned cranes in the world, but every winter you can see some in the red-crowned cranes nature reserve in the yellow sea wetlands.      the temperature in the wetlands is usually neither too high nor too low. there is a lot of rain and sunshine, too. they are really good places for wildlife(野生动物). offering food and home for some special kinds of animals and birds is not the only reason why we need to protect wetlands. wetlands are important because they also prevent flood. but some people want to change
    the wetlands to make more space for farms and buildings. this means there will be less and less space for wildlife.      luckily, more and more people are beginning to realize the importance of wetlands and wildlife. every year, on february 2nd, many activities are held to tell people more about wetlands.       (red-crowned crane) (    )11. the chinese yellow sea wetlands are in the ________ of china.         a. east               b. south             c. west           d. north (    )12. usually the weather in the wetlands is ________.          a. hot                b. pleasant          c. cold           d. dry (    )13. the world wetlands day is on _______.       a. april 22           b. june 25           c. february 2     d. march 22 共4页,当前第3页1234
  • 2020年中考英语总复习阅读理解专项练习九
    (    )14. we must protect wetlands because _______ .       a. they are home for wildlife                 b. they can offer food to the animals and birds       c. they can prevent flood                     d. all of the above (    )15. the best title for the passage is     a. china's wetlands have all entered the world's list     b. wetlands--home for wildlife and human beings     c. special animals in the chinese yellow sea wetlands     d. wetlands--valuable resources(珍贵资源) of land on the earth
    答案
    第九组(共3篇):1—5 c c d c a   6—11 b d ab d  11 ---15  a  b c  d d
    共4页,当前第4页1234
  • 2020年中考英语总复习阅读理解专项练习九
  • 回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立刻注册

本版积分规则

QQ| Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| 师哈哈 |网站地图

Copyright © 2019-2025 Www.biiyy.Com.   All Rights Reserved.