发表于 2020-7-22 19:37:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
打架都打到牙齿和指甲上了,可见是打得多么地拼命啊,fight tooth and nail 就是这样一个习语,用来形容程度,可以意为“竭尽全力”,寓意:

midntruetut.jpg

midntruetut.jpg

to fight very fiercely激烈地战斗
to compete for something ferociously激烈地争夺某物
the intense battle to achieve something为达到某种目的而进行的激烈战斗
combat using all your resources and tools at your disposal使用你所有的资源和工具去战斗
put strenuous effort into something to get the outcome you want为了得到你想要的结果,付出艰苦的努力

qf5porvekyx.jpg

qf5porvekyx.jpg

例如:
I want this job so I'm going to fight tooth and nail for it.我想要这份工作,所以我将竭尽全力争取这份工作。
The green party is fighting tooth and nail to save the world from the effects of climate change.绿党正在全力挽救世界免受气候变化的影响。
He vowed to fight tooth and nail to prove his innocence in court.他发誓要竭尽全力在法庭上证明自己的清白。

lqsa32rhnfa.jpg

lqsa32rhnfa.jpg

They fought tooth and nail to get the parental rights law changed.为了修改父母权利法,他们竭尽全力。
I had to fight my way tooth and nail through the crowd to get to my seat at the concert.为了在音乐会上坐到座位上,我不得不拼命挤过人群。
The family is going to fight tooth and nail to get justice for her son.为了给她儿子讨回公道,这家人将竭尽全力。
The two men find that their political futures are at stake and their supporters are expected to fight tooth and nail.两人发现他们的政治前途岌岌可危,他们的支持者将全力战斗。

3k1funbcavm.jpg

3k1funbcavm.jpg

The union joining hands to fight tooth and nail against the inhumane policy.工会携起手来,全力反对这项不人道的政策。
When it comes to their money, they will fight tooth and claw to keep it.说到他们的钱,他们会不惜一切代价保住它。
He will need to fight tooth and claw for a place in that team.他要想在那个队中占有一席之地,就得拼命拼搏
我们要努力做正确的事情,并竭尽全力去做,这样才更能把事情做对,任何敷衍的态度既是对自己的不负责,也是对别人的不负责。

dt2dsyhk2gz.jpg

dt2dsyhk2gz.jpg

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立刻注册

本版积分规则

QQ| Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| 师哈哈 |网站地图

Copyright © 2019-2025 Www.biiyy.Com.   All Rights Reserved.