主题

40万

帖子

121万

积分

VIP用户

积分
发表于 2020-7-22 19:36:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
a drop in the ocean 字面意思是“沧海一粟”,一点水对大海来说确实是微不足道的,就像一个人对于整个世界来说也算是沧海一粟,它可以意为“沧海一粟,九牛一毛”,寓意:

mugfm5irf4z.jpg

mugfm5irf4z.jpg

insignificant amount微不足道的金额
a very small amount compared to the amount needed与所需数量相比的一个非常小的数量
unimportant amount不重要的数量
a very small proportion of the whole很小的一部分

02lorhdrwo4.jpg

02lorhdrwo4.jpg

例如:
Her cry was only a single drop in the ocean compared to the billions of tears shed by mourners after the war.与战后悼念者数十亿的眼泪相比,她的哭泣只是沧海一粟。
A hundred thousand may seem a lot but it's a drop in the ocean compared to the millions that need to be spent.10万似乎很多,但与需要花费的数百万相比,这只是沧海一粟。
I always try to give money to charity but sometimes I feel it is just a drop in the ocean.我总是想把钱捐给慈善机构,但有时我觉得这只是沧海一粟。

5qu1tuzmlzi.jpg

5qu1tuzmlzi.jpg

Our government's sending a thousand tons of food, but that's just a drop in the ocean compared to what's needed.我们的政府运送了一千吨的食物,但与所需要的相比,这只是沧海一粟。
My letter of protest was just a drop in the ocean.我的抗议信只是沧海一粟。
I know twenty dollars is just a drop in the ocean, but if everyone gave that much, it'd make a big difference.我知道二十美元只是沧海一粟,但如果每个人都捐那么多钱,情况就大不一样了。

qhipe5nbz2g.jpg

qhipe5nbz2g.jpg

A few thousand pounds is a drop in the ocean when you think about the millions that will be spent on this project.想想这项工程将花费数百万英镑,几千英镑简直是杯水车薪。
相对于大千世界,一个人确实是微不足道的,但是大千世界就是由很多很多的微不足道的人构成的,我们每个人都有自己的使命,都是特殊的存在,所以任何时候,勿以善小而不为,做善事不论大小,都是值得尊敬的崇高的理想。

cv43gfwbkrg.jpg

cv43gfwbkrg.jpg
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立刻注册

本版积分规则

QQ| Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| 师哈哈 |网站地图

Copyright © 2019-2025 Www.biiyy.Com.   All Rights Reserved.