查看: 41|回复: 0

英语励志文章:变老的那一天

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-2-25 08:32:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  I dread to come to the end of the year,said a friend to me recently, it makes me realize I am growing old.
  William James, the great psychologist, said that most men are old fogies at twenty-fiveHe was right. Most men at twenty-five are satisfied with their jobs. They have accumulated the little stock of prejudices that they call their Principles,  and closed their minds to all new ideas; they have ceased to grow.
  The minutea man ceases to grow-no matter what his years-that minute he begins to be old. On the other hand, the really great man never grows old.
  Goethe passed out at eighty-three, and finished his Faust only a few years earlier; Gladstone took up a new language when he was seventy. Laplace, the astronomer, was still at work when death caught up with him at seventy-eight. He died crying, What we know is nothing; what we do not know is immense.
  And there you have the real answer to the question, When is a man old?
  Laplace at seventy-eight died young. He was still unsatisfied, still sure that he had a lot to learn.
  As long as a man can keep himself in that attitude of mind, as long as he can look back on every year and say , I grew, he is still young.
  The minute he ceases to grow, the minute he says to himself, I know all that I need to know,--that day youth stops. He may be twenty-five or seventy-five, it makes no difference. On that day he begins to be old.
  我惧怕临近岁末年尾,一位朋友最近对我说:它使我意识到我正在变老。
  伟大的心理学家威廉?詹姆斯就曾说过,大多数人25岁时就成了守旧落伍者。他的话是对的。大多数人25岁时就满足于他们的工作。他们已经积累了一些他们称之为原则的偏见,对所有新的思想关闭心灵之门;他们已经停止成长。
  一个人一旦停止成长--不管他年龄多大--他就开始衰老。反之,真正的伟人从来不会衰老。
  歌德享年83岁,逝世前几年才完成《浮士德》;格莱斯顿70岁时又开始学习一门外国语;法国天文学家拉普拉斯78岁死时还在工作着。临死前,他大声喊道:我们所知的太少太少,我们所不知的太多太多。
  一个人何时变老?,从这类事例中对这个问题你已经有了真正的答案。
  拉普拉斯78岁逝世时依然年轻。他依旧不满足,依旧感到许多东西要学。
  一个人,只要他能够保持这种心态,只要他在回首过去的一年时能够说我在成长,他就依然年轻。
  他一旦停止成长,他一旦对自己说我该懂的都懂了,这个时候他的青春也就完了。他可能在25岁时死去,也可能在75岁时死去,这都没有区别。就在那一天,他开始变老。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立刻注册

本版积分规则

QQ| Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| 师哈哈 |网站地图

Copyright © 2019-2025 Www.biiyy.Com.   All Rights Reserved.